The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet Paperback – January 9, 2018
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Baked Garlic and Paprika Chicken Legs
Serves 2 / Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 55 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
2. Pat the chicken legs dry with paper towels, put them in a large bowl, and apply pink salt and pepper all over the skin on both sides.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the ghee, garlic, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine for 30 seconds, and then let sit for 5 minutes while the flavors combine.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken legs, and toss to coat evenly. Season with more pink salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the chicken legs on one side of the prepared pan, leaving room for the vegetables later.
6. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, and remove the pan from the oven. Spread the green beans over the empty half of the pan, and turn the chicken legs. Drizzle the beans with the olive oil, and season with pink salt and pepper.
7. Roast for 15 to 20 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy, and serve.
You can replace the Italian herbs with any herbs or spices you prefer, such as an Indian spice mix, like garam masala, or Chinese five-spice powder.
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks, skin on
- Pink salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
"Compliance is the #1 factor that allows people to stay in ketosis and experience the benefits of a ketogenic diet. Jen has provided an incredible number of recipes that are not only easy to make, they're delicious enough to motivate people from complying with the keto diet to following a keto lifestyle."―Ryan P. Lowery, PhD (c), President of the Applied Science and Performance Institute, and author of The Ketogenic Bible
"Cooking keto doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. In The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook, Jen Fisch proves that keto-friendly cooking can be simple, quick, and affordable, and it can be delicious, too. Unlike other keto experts whose recipes seem to require a long list of expensive, hard-to-find ingredients and a PhD in Chemistry, Jen's cookbook shows how easy and delicious healthy keto meals can be."―Ken D. Berry, MD, and author of Lies My Doctor Told Me
"So you've jumped into this keto thing, and now you're wondering what to eat and how to prepare it. Look no further than The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. It's loaded with keto-friendly recipes that are not only insanely delicious but also super easy to make. Jen's book is a must in any keto-friendly kitchen."―Yemeni Mesa, President of Know Foods, @keto_head on Instagram
“. . . perfect for anyone with a busy lifestyle (aka, everyone). Learn how to make the cult-favorite bulletproof coffee, bacon and egg cauliflower hash and broccoli cheese soup in minutes.” ―Chowhound Staff, cnet.com
About the Author
JEN FISCH is a blogger and dedicated follower of the ketogenic diet. As a popular influencer in the ketogenic space, Jen shares her experiences with her loyal followers on Instagram @ketointhecity, on her YouTube channel Keto In The City, and via her blog at KetoInTheCity.com. She lives with her daughter in Hermosa Beach, California.
- Item Weight : 1.15 pounds
- Paperback : 210 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1939754445
- ISBN-13 : 978-1939754448
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.1 inches
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (January 9, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #884 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, with additional thought after writing this review, in this case we can judge a book by it's cover. Delicious to look at, Delicious to read, and by following the "made easy" recipes, Delicious to eat.
I highly recommend this book for those who have been following a ketogenic lifestyle for a long time to learn some new recipes to spice up our life, and to make life a little easier. For those who are just in the contemplation stage, or who are ready to begin, this cookbook lives up to it's calling card in Chapter One: "Simple & Easy Ketogenic Cooking".
For those who want more of the "science" behind the ketogenic diet, it will be a good companion to the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Phiney and Volek".
Reading and "digesting" this cookbook is a good way to start off the New Year on a ketogenic diet. 5 stars in my opinion.